Q: Can I treat my home myself for subterranean termites?

A: Because of the specialized equipment and chemicals needed to effectively and safely treat your home, it’s nearly always best to hire Pest Control Technologies. We have pest control maintenance plans in place to assist client with the management of funds and guarantees.

Q: How dangerous are these termite control chemicals?

A: All pesticides should be considered potentially dangerous; however, when used properly, termite control products (termiticides) can be applied quite safely. Your chance of being exposed to trace amounts of pesticide after a termite treatment is low, less than the exposure risk following a retail bought insecticide spray treatment for cockroaches or other bugs.

Q: How do I get rats in my house?

A: They can enter a house in so many ways - vents, eave gaps, ridge caps, pipe entry holes, where electrical wires go in, fascia boards, roof joints, AC chases, etc. They can chew their way in as well, of course, and that's what happens most of the time.

Q: Are cockroaches dirty or clean?

A: Although cockroaches are often associated with dirty environments, they are actually very concerned about matters of cleanliness, especially when it comes to their antennae. They clean them often by grabbing one in with a front leg and drawing it through their mouth.

Q: Can cockroaches make me sick?

A: The scary thing is that cockroaches can carry some serious diseases. Salmonella Typhi, which causes Typhoid, Poliomyelitis, which causes Polio, Dysentery, a disease that causes severe diarrhoea that may include bleeding

Q: Are cockroaches harmful to babies?

A: Cockroaches are hazardous to children. They have many bacteria and pathogens. They will also freely excrete onto your food stored in cupboards etc. - `mechanical transmission` of disease. Cockroaches shed their skins several times as they grow into adults, and the shed skins form a dust which can be inhaled and can cause asthma in children or cause respiratory problems.

Q: Can carpenter bees cause structural damage?

A: Usually not but if the infestation is extensive or has been going on for years, a large number of tunnels can cause structural damage. It would take a lot of tunnels to compromise a structure, but over time they can weaken wood. Carpenter bees do not eat wood.

Q: Can carpenter bees sting?

A: The male is unable to sting but the female is capable but seldom does, unless provoked or handled

Q: Can a bee kill me?

A: The average adult can withstand more than 1000 stings, although 500 stings could kill a child. Symptoms you may encounter following a bee sting could include a rash, some swelling, itching, and general redness of the skin area immediately around the sting. Remove the stinger with a sharp object in a sweeping action, don't pull it out. You should try not to scratch the area too much, as it may become infected. Apply an ice pack to relieve the pain. In severe cases, people can be allergic to bees which can lead to Anaphylaxis, a state of shock (anaphylactic shock) or collapse. Medical attention must be sought immediately, as it can be fatal.

Q: How can I remove the smell of a dead mouse?

A: The odour will dissipate once the carcass has dried and / or been consumed by flies and beetles. You can hasten the process by enhancing ventilation. Of course, if you can find the carcass (a rare event), you can remove it and wash the site well with detergent and water. That will help dramatically.